Saturday, May 21, 2011

Hippo Birdie to You!



An oldie but goodie. This hippo stamp was one of the first stamps that I had ever bought. I found him at the inky antics booth at the Stamp Away convention a few years back and y'all know how I love my animal sayings...

I wanted to do something different with this one so I stamped him out numerous times so I could pop out the individual layer and give the card a little *something*.
I also learned a new term in the card making world... "fussy cutting"...yup, that's me a fussy cutter. I love taking the time to cut out all of the little details so I can use a foam square for dimension. Some say I'm nuts, I say thank you to my favorite cutter bee scissors.

In additon to my insane cutting, I chose colors that could be used for male or female birthday card...okay, colors aside, this may still be too cutesy for a guy, oh well!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment