Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails...

That's what little boys are made of!



I didn't have any snails so I went with the puppy theme for this Denami Challenge. Its not often that I make a card for a little boy but you never know when you'll need one.



My stash probably could have used a card that would more suit a 2nd graders birthday party but I opted for the baby theme instead.



My color inspiration was from my cousin Michelle son's nursery. Mikey turned one this past week! (Time flies!)



Like I said, I don't often make boy cards so this one was most definitely a challenge for me. I looked through my stash of Denami stamps and almost used the surfer chickie with "Surfs up Dude". If it weren't for the fact that I have a million things to do before we leave for spring break, I might have made that one too. But onto the details of the doggie card....



I used the following Denami stamps to create my card:



A85 Paw Print



A86 Doggie Bone



PF 17 Cuddly Pals Set (dog)



E114 Small Dot Circle Frame



I53 Medium Dot Circle Frame



B85 Small Solid Circle



My card basically has 2 parts, the card background and the scallop medallion that the puppy is sitting on. For the background, I stamped the bones and embossed them with white embossing powder and stamped the paws using a light blue ink pad to fill in.



For the scalloped medallion, I alternated my colors of card stock and ink and used the circle frames to decorate. I was undecided about what I was going to do with my puppy in the middle...should I color with Copics, water color, flock??? So many tools, so little time...



Then I thought of something that I hadn't done before...I first stamped the Small Solid Circle in the light blue, then used brown ink to center my puppy on top. (I'm sure this is not new to the Denami Design Team but it was to me.) Finally, I used a small circle punch.



To finish off my card, I did some faux pen stitching down the left hand side...There you have it...blurry scanned pic and all...someday, I'll learn how to use this darn scanner better. It does not like it when I use pop dots.



Sorry, I could not get Abby to join me on this one. She has had her fill of "projects" this week: Holy Communion prep scrapbook, book report with shoe box project, regular nightly homework...not to mention that the weather is awesome today and she wanted to shoot some hoops outside. Maybe next time...



Happy Stamping!

9 comments:

  1. Super cute card, Lori! I love the colors and all the stamps you used!

    Thanks for joining us in the DeNami challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori! LOVE the stamps you used! This is so ADORABLE and the colors are FAB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card! Love the theme - so wonderful for a boy! Great job! Thanks so much for playing along with DeNami Design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love ALL of the stamps you used so well together. Great card for a baby or little boy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! Love the way you layered your circle stamps in the different colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I SOOOOOO love that puppy image! If I am lucky enough to win a prize on the hop I am TOTALLY picking this little guy. I came to you blog for the hop and could resist checking this card out too (I am a HUGE dog lover!) Such a pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! I love the little bones in the background! Thanks for playing along at DeNami!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute! I LOVE how you incorporated so many different DeNami stamps into your design!! And that color combo is AWESOME!!! Thanks for playing along in the DeNami Design Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete