Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Countdown is on...



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II is only about 2 weeks away...okay 2 weeks and 1 day away. My crazy husband wants to get tickets to the midnight showing at I'm not sure that Abby would make it.

I made this bookmark for my grandma who has been visiting from PA. She had never read any of the Harry Potter books before and has spent a lot of time over the past month reading them and watching the movies. I think she has 2 more books to go before the new movie debuts.

Bugaboo had a terrific sale on their digi images last month (50% off) so I bought everything that had been on my wishlist, which included this cute little Hagrid image. They have all of the other characters from Harry Potter but Hagrid was the best one.

I used a makeup puff with my ink pad to dirty up the background of the green and brown paper. Don't forget the back side when you are making a bookmark. I used Copics to color Hagrid and colored pencils and gamsol to shade him in.

when I finished coloring and went to place the image onto the bookmark, the white cardstock was so screaming white that I had to do SOMETHING! I used a brown colored pencil and went around the entire image and blended it outward with the Gamsol.

As a final touch, I added a piece of ribbon. Hope Grandma likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment