Friday, July 1, 2011

Hot Enough for ya?


Happy First Day of July!


Sounds like it's gonna be a scorcher, as July usually is. But that's okay, as long as it doesn't rain, I dont care how hot it is. Any days of rain, means the installation of our pool will be delayed..yes, a pool! My hubby agreed, after much fuss from a cute little 7 year old and her mom, to let us put a pool in the back yard. I don't think I would have begged quite so much had I known how much work the preparation was going to be....electrical permits, fence permits, pool permits, sand delivery, fencing the back yard...I don't recall seeing any "help wanted" signs for a pool boy though.
I made the card pictured above using a bugaboo digital stamp but didn't like the saying that he came with. I think it was something like "At my age, you can wear anything you want". I searched online for a good saying but wasn't coming up with anything worthy of Gus. I was toying with "I'm bringing Sexy back" and even enlisted the help of my facebook friends. They came up with some cute ones but I ended up using "Hot enough for you?" so it could apply to Gus or the weather.


I used this image on a Father's Day card for Steve, since we ordered the pool the day before.

Happy Stamping (and keep praying for no rain...at least during the daylight hours)

No comments:

Post a Comment