Sunday, November 20, 2011

You make my world happy



With Thanksgiving only a few days away, it's time to count our blessing and be thankful for all that we have in our lives. This Pure Innocence stamp created a card that can be sent to that special person in your life that you need to say thank you to...not for any gift, not for any deed, just that special someone who is always there for you.

I just can't seem to create with these adorable little girls without paper piecing their outfit in some way. I grabbed the polka dot paper and pulled it into her shirt. For her pants, I used another technique with the Copic markers that I demonstrated in my fall card class at Simply: First you color the pants in a jean color. Next, I used the colorless blender refill and dropped a few drops onto a scrap of terry cloth. I blotted the jeans and it picked up the texture. The terry cloth is good for adding texture to furry animals too.

My go to guru and fellow stamp addict, Dolly, showed me another texture that is fantastic. She uses the coloreless blender refill but puts the drops on a scrap of denim. It is FANTASTIC when adding a denim look to your stamps. Try different fabric scraps to see what different textures you can come up with!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment