Friday, December 16, 2011

Fa-La-La-Land



About a month or so ago Simply Scrapbooks started carrying a new line of stamps called La La Land stamps. I have to be honest, I wasnt a big fan when I first saw them. They sort of reminded me of Greeting Farm which I am just so-so on.

When I was picking out my papers to begin the Christmas card samples, I decided to pick up this La La Land stamp, hoping I could help with the sales of the new stamp line. Around the same time, I started watching some YouTube videos to get some pointers on coloring hair and skin with my Copic markers. I happened upon one of the videos and she used a La La Land stamp for her tutorial.

This video totally changed my mind about these stamps and really helped me with my coloring techniques. When I finished coloring this little girl stamp, I was nearly jumping up and down. This was the best result I have ever had with blending and highlighting with Copic markers. I am thinking of applying them to a class, possibly in January, to share these techniques with you.

Sadly, I misplaced my note where I jotted down the exact Copic colors I used.

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment