Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas



Okay, who doesn't love this song? I saw a set of Inky Antics stamps with this hippo and it hit me like a ton of bricks. I had to make a card that went along with the Christmas song. Inside, the card says "Hippo Holly Days".

I did a sneak peek of this card on my facebook account and it got a lot of compliments.

I think this card would be perfect for all ages. I know a lot of kids love the song. I decided to give it some extra dimension by stamping the image twice and colored and cut the head of the head of the second image so I could pop it. I also added some white flock to the border of the hat and the snowball on the end so it would be fuzzy.

The copics I used were: w5, w3, w1, g28, r46, g21

I did learn something interesting about choosing colors. As you know, Copics makes both warm and cool grays. Warm grays are for living creatures and cool grays are for objects. Keep that little tip in mind when choosing your colors. Of course, this is only a tip and not a hard fast RULE.

Hope you get your hippo for Christmas!
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment