Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Simply Beautiful...


This card looks like a million bucks in person but the picture doesn't do it justice. The Medallion has 4 layers! (6 cut layers and 4 are popped with foam dots). The best part is, it's made using 1 stamp! I discovered the Holly Berry House Medallion stamps at the Monroeville ExpoMart stamp expo last summer and fell in loooove. My head was swooning with color combination ideas. I've taught 2 sold out classes at Simply using these stamps. One was a mauve and green combination in the fall and the other was a combination of silver and blues for winter.

The outcome looks like you spent a lot of time making an elegant card but the secret is, the technique is so simple. Simply stamp/emboss the image multiple times and cut out different layers. Some stamps offer up to 17 layers....imagine the amount of medallions you could make with different combinations of those. Below are the 6 layers I cut for this card.


You can really jazz them up with bling like I did on this card. I could have added some ribbon but I think it's just as nice with the clean simple background. Cards are just one possibility. You can use them as a decorative bow on packages, add a pin back (and some crystal lacquer for strength), put two back to back as an ornament...

I've added a few of these to the "Lori card box" at Simply in case you'd like to try out the technique. Simply carries Holly Berry House and many of the Christmas designs are 40% off!

Til next time....
Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment