Friday, February 8, 2013

Totally 80s

I'm hopping into my time machine again and transporting you back to September. This party was too fun not to share.
Abby turned 9 and she wanted an 80s theme party which was totally fun to plan because I got to revisit my childhood.
Steve got involved in the planning by making an 80s CD for her invitations. (See picture below for the cover-starring Abby)
We had totally RAD party bags, played the MASH game, watched the Thriller video, and danced with glow sticks in our black-lit family room.
I made her cake with one of those Chechen board cake pans I bought at michaels. Really easy but loads of work coloring all the different batters.
Thanks to Pinterest, I made a faux fondant icing that was super easy.
To frost: put a thin crumb coat of icing on the cake and pop it in the freezer for about 5-10 minutes. Then frost the cake, kinda thick on the icing and place back in the freezer until the icing sets up and hardens. Then take a paper towel and begin smoothing out the top, sides, and edges. It turned out relatively well for my first attempt. We finished the cake by splattering colored powdered sugar/water glaze so it looked like graffiti.
The girls had so much fun as did the moms who dressed them up in 80s costumes-wonder who raided their own closets???
We're already kicking around themes for 2013!!











No comments:

Post a Comment